NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
FOX-N-OTTER is looking for a couple of very special people to train as room hosts for the holiday peak season with the potential for ongoing part-time hours throughout the year as needed.
This is a great opportunity for high school or college students looking for evening or weekend hours to accommodate class schedules, or just someone looking for a fun side job with a lot of flexibility. We are closed Sunday mornings to attend Church services.
We are committed to creating unforgettable experiences for our customers and are looking for friendly, fun, fast learners who are eager be mentored and taught how to play with groups and give them the gift of an adventure they will remember for years to come.
ROOM HOST BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
FOX-N-OTTER became the #1 entertainment venue in Asheville, NC (on TripAdvisor) within 6 months of opening, and we have retained that spot consistently for nearly a year! Our dedication to providing customers a unique logic puzzle game experience sets us apart in the Escape Room industry. Our mission is to successfully entertain every customer, every time, through meaningful and memorable adventure games!
"Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, and how you leave others feeling after an experience with you becomes your trademark!”
The Position:This is a rewarding position that works both behind the scenes and at the front desk with our customers to create wonder, unity, and laughter. Those with big smiles, great attitudes, and dispositions for customer service make experiences wonderful for our customers. The position requires attention to detail in a sales atmosphere. Those with extroverted personalities will not only be successful, they enjoy their job immensely.
• Greet each guest promptly upon their arrival, ensure waivers are filled-out and signed.
• Set up and clean rooms to prepare the guest experience for consistent gameplay.
• Guide guests through their adventure, including a brief synopsis of the game scenario, tracking guest progress through the game, and giving hints when needed to ensure that guests have an unforgettably positive experience.
• Answer phones, listen to messages, return calls, and focus on booking customers.
• Invite guests to have their picture taken, post that picture to social media.
• Work with customers to resolve issues that may lead to a less optimal guest experience.
• Accept payment from the guests, ensuring that all payments are recorded and accounted for.
• Encourage guests to post reviews of their experience on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google Business, and Facebook.
• Seek guest information that will benefit our marketing psychographics.
• Bring creative ideas forward to optimize the environment and experience for our guests.
• Be a vibrant, smart, engaging, fun loving host. See the humor in life without being too cynical.
• Be 17 years or older.
• Provide 3 references from adults unrelated to you.
• Excellent oral, written, and typing communication skills minimum 40WPM.
• Intermediate computer skills with strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work a varied schedule of afternoons, evenings, and weekends 10-30 hrs.
• Ability to safely bend, reach and properly lift equipment/objects up to 20 pounds
- $11-$13/hour depending on experience opportunities for ongoing part-time hours and pay increase with increased responsibility and performance.
10 hours/week more available during peak weeks
Interviews will be conducted through October and training begins the first week of November.